My Photo
Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

I have faith and passion in humanity. The world needs a change, I am here to see that happen.

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Terri Schiavo

Painful. I am so absolutely tired of the 'value voters' sticking their noses in everyone elses buisness. This poor woman is being used by religious fanatics on the right as a puppet for their lame agenda. "What is thier lame agenda?" You may ask. The right is priming the public for judicial nominations to the supreme court. That's why the newest assaults have all been on the 'judicial activist' courts.
Tom Daschle was not removed in South Dakota because he was the senate minority leader. The right wingers would have never spent millions in that state unless there was something in it for them. Tom Daschle was seen as "the chief obstructionist to the supreme court nominations." The public is up in arms about renegade liberal judges making defacto law. Judges usurping power fo the people to give inaliable rights to those who deserve it. How dare they! Out of the 214 nominations, the liberals have only blocked 10, yet they act like the nomination process has shut down. Now the conservs are trying to pass law making the appointment process easier, claiming that it is not a partisan measure. Funny. Why did they not propose this legislation when Clinton was in office?
With Bush's power nearly complete (he removed Powell, his only dissenter, then cleaned out the State Department and placed 'yes men' in) he has but the court to cement absolute power. This scares me. Our system is based on checks and balances and when those break down, our system can fail. Without diussenting opinion and compromise there is no democracy, republic or any neato form of government we claim to have.
Interesting that no one in Congress has the balls to make the right legislation about this poor woman. Euthanization should be legal, in fact it is merciful. Terri Schiavo should have her conscious wishes met and she should be allowed lethal injection, not to starve to death while republicans use her to steamroll their agendas.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lose Weight said...

lobow, why can't more sites be as good as yours!!! You see I am changing my life at the moment and I have decided to start a work from home site. I am trying to get inspiration so I can become easier to talk to. You site has given me some ideas. I talk to a wide range of people and I need to relate to everyone I come across so thanks for your posts! The title 'Terri Schiavo' caught my eye so I thought I'd post on this one. Cheers.

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home